Geriatric Pharmacology: Tools for the Healthcare Professional – Steven Atkinson
For geriatric patients taking more than five medications, the statistical chance of a drug-drug interaction or adverse event is 100%! For those experiencing an adverse drug event, one third will require additional treatment. This session will provide straightforward tools that will help you care for older adults receiving multiple medications.
- Apply techniques and identify strategies to avoid adverse drug events and drug disease interactions.
- Develop individualized monitoring plans for geriatric patients through the evaluation of high risk medications.
- Identify at least three new guideline recommendations related to geriatric pharmacology
- Drug Utilization Amongst the Elderly
- Billing Codes That You MUST Know
- Clinical Pharmacological Issues in the Elderly